Nola Chick Lets It Out, Then Lets It Go...

Dear Saints,

So I've been thinking a lot about what happened between us Thursday night. I know it's not fair for me to keep harping on this, but you really disappointed me. I did everything you asked of me. I wore my jersey, ate my red beans, and drank lots of beer. When it seemed like me petting my dog was the key to us making big defensive plays, I made sure to keep her close, no matter how much she wanted to go lie down in her crate.

Later in the game, when I realized you no longer responded to me being affectionate toward my dog and in fact seemed to be rebelling against it, I put her out on the patio.


I didn't even think twice about it, possibly qualifying me for the worst dog mommy in the world award.

In the third quarter, when it seemed like my Saints jersey and fleur-de-lis necklace weren't enough, I added my brand new Saints tie to the ensemble.

I even dealt with the judgemental looks of friends, who thought perhaps I had officially flown over the cuckoo's nest.
I responded to their concerned stares with more beer, just like you taught me.




When that yielded no rewards, I rubbed the belly of my precious Buddah statue for good luck, (then said a quick prayer to Jesus, just so he knew I wasn't being a Judas.) And still, you offered me nothing. That really hurt me.

Today, I wore my Saints tie to work because, in spite of everything, I still hold you close to my heart. I just sometimes feel like you take my efforts for granted. After last season, I thought we decided we'd be in this thing together. I'd carry out all my bizarre superstitions and you'd respond by kickin' some ass. I know we can't win em all, but at least allow me the courtesy of knowing my obsessive efforts are not in vain.

With that said, I'm willing to move past this if you are. I hope you won't put me in this kind of position again. I hope you know that this relationship can't work unless its 50/50. (I'll even take 70/30 if you throw in a Reggie Bush makeout session.) I truly believe you want this to work as much as I do. Now, I just need you to show it.

Thanks for letting me speak from the heart and I promise not to bring this up everytime we get into a fight. (But who are we kidding???)


Love Always,
Nola Chick

P.S. You don't even have to say you love me back. I can just feel it.

5 comments:

JWD said...

I know what you mean. I walked back inside the house before leaving just to kiss the Saints beads I had hanging in my room. It never seems to be enough.

JWD said...

(www.jwd9.blogspot.com)

Chick in the Huddle said...

Thanks for feeling my pain Jake. oh...and we just totally ripped off your countdown clock!!!
xoxo!

dillyberto said...

I have a vision of Jeff Garcia eating the turf of the sombrero.

I see Deuce dragging J. Trotter once again into the endzone.

All of this shall come to pass if you are steadfast in your voodoo.

Add a bloody mary to the mix, though.

saintseester said...

I'm with you. Always have been, always will be. My Saints = forever.